This is a colourful, crisp and crunchy coleslaw with an Asian inspired dressing instead of the usual mayonnaise.
- Thinly slice the onion, cabbage and peppers and put in a large bowl along with the roughly chopped/torn mint leaves.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix to combine. Do this as near to serving as you can and use only enough dressing to coat all the vegetables.
- Sprinkle over some lightly toasted sesame seeds as a garnish if desired.
If you find you have too much dressing, it can be stored in the fridge for a few days. It even makes a delicious dipping sauce or a tasty accompaniment to some grilled meat or fish!
- 1 red onion
- 400g white cabbage
- 400g red cabbage
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Proper Nutty Peanut Butter