Proper Nutty Mexican Breakfast Quesadillas
A Proper Nutty take on a favourite breakfast of ours! A quirky but delicious recipe – it shouldn’t work but trust us nutters – it DOES!
- Spread Proper Nutty peanut butter over the whole of the flour tortilla.
- Arrange slices of tomato over one half of the peanut butter covered tortilla.
- Put pickled jalapenos on top of the tomato slices – use more or less depending on your preference.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion and chopped coriander over the tomatoes and jalapenos and then fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and dry-fry the tortilla to heat through, turning it over to toast both sides.
To serve, top the warmed tortilla with a poached or fried egg and sprinkle with a little more chopped coriander and some hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Wholemeal flour tortillas (1 per person)
- Proper Nutty Peanut Butter – salted or unsalted
- Ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Pickled jalapenos, sliced or chopped
- Chopped spring onion
- Chopped coriander
- 1 egg per person
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)